Thursday 7 August 2014

Soft Pastel painting of Leh Ladakh mountain scene by Manju Panchal

I have already posted couple of Leh Ladakh paintings done in water colours, referring to photographs given by a very dear friend of mine. This is the last one which I wanted to do and I decided to do it in soft pastels. I have used a red coloured Fabriano paper for the same and mostly KOH-I-NOOR soft pastels.

While I use the photograph as a reference I do make a few changes in the composition and alter a few elements to suit my requirements. Unlike still life paintings, in landscapes I have to deal with the foreground, middle distance and the background. It is always a great learning experience, no matter what the subject is.

Next I am working on landscapes in charcoal and will be posting the images soon. 

Soft Pastel painting of Leh Ladakh mountain scene by Manju Panchal

The Leh Ladakh Mountains
Size 7" X 9" ( Excluding the mountboard )
Soft Pastel painting on Red coloured Fabriano Elle Erre paper ( 220 gsm )

1 comment:

  1. The sunsets in [destination] look magical. I can't wait to witness them in person. Read the following paragraph click here Kashmir Leh Ladakh Packages

    ReplyDelete