Monday 25 August 2014

Landscape in soft pastels by Manju Panchal

Created a simple landscape as a study work. Used both Mungyo and KOH-I-NOOR soft pastels. Meanwhile my tree sketches are on. The original photograph had a very few trees on the right and the tree foliage too was scattered but I manipulated the photo and added elements that I thought would enhance the beauty of the landscape. I have not spent a whole lot of time doing the details as I was more interested in getting the perspective right and wanted to put the right values at the right place. 

Soft pastel painting of a Landscape by Manju Panchal

Light at the end
Landscape painting in soft pastels

Since this is a study work I have used a black coloured rough textured paper. The soft pastel technique that I generally use in creating a landscape is both blending and strokes. Since it is a small work and the paper quality seemed to be quite good, I did not feel the need to use fixatives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment