Sunday 10 August 2014

Soft Pastel and colour pencil painting done in the past by Manju Panchal

Two mini still life paintings


There are times when I come across my old art works and I relive the memory of how and when I did it. As a matter of fact it is a pleasure to analyse, evaluate and then visualise as to how it could have been much better. I remember keeping the orange near my living room window, so that the light could fall on it and I could capture the shadows. More than the orange, I was keen on doing the folds of the cloth. Looking back I also realise that I have added the three water drops and it makes me happy.

The Pear too was similarly done by placing it near my kitchen window, where I get the evening light. I had placed it on my white acrylic chopping board. The background windows were replaced by dark colours as I wanted to focus just on the pear with the water drop.

Still life painting of an apple with water drops using DERWENT water colour pencils . ( By Manju Panchal )

Still life painting of a pear with water drops using DERWENT water colour pencils . ( By Manju Panchal )

The apple has been done using DERWENT water colour soluble pencils. The pear has been created using KOH-I-NOOR soft pastels. Both the above paintings are sized 4" X 5". It's a little difficult to get the details on a small paper but with practise added with lots of patience it does get better everytime.

I am conducting a ONE day Charcoal painting workshop on 16th of August 2014.
For people who are passionate about black and white works, and have
a day to themselves where they can indulge in their creative skills.
Contact me on 91-9820683983 for further details.

Thanks a lot for visiting my blog and to view my other artworks
you can visit my INSTAGRAM page.

No comments:

Post a Comment