Tuesday 15 November 2016

The fog - A Charcoal sketching on Schoeller drawing paper

Shades of grey


The charcoal sketching as below has been created using charcoal powder, willow charcoal and few charcoal pencils. I started this work a few days back but for some reason could not complete it then.
Now taking a break from my pastels, I spent a few hours on it and completed it.

Through this work I wanted to get the feel of the fog at the distance. I have made use of kneaded eraser and my blending tools to keep the distant foliage and trees hazy and sans any details.

For this work I decided to check out "Schoeller paper" which has a smooth textured surface. If it works well for my landscapes then I will include it in my list as a favorite. I have posted earlier about the papers that I presently use for my charcoal artworks and you can CLICK HERE to view them all. 

A charcoal sketching of a foggy day by Manju Panchal

The Fog
Charcoal sketching on Scholar drawing paper
Size 5"X 7"

Creating this charcoal sketching reminds me of yet another "Foggy landscape" work which I did as a demo work during one of my charcoal workshops in June 2015, and I am posting an image of the same here. The work below was created on Canson c a grain paper.

A charcoal sketching of a foggy day by Manju Panchal

Charcoal sketching on Canson c a grain paper ( Demo work done in the past )

I have started a few more landscape works on Scholar drawing paper and will be posting them soon.
Thanks for browsing through my works.


An art quote
"Great art picks up where nature ends." Marc Chagall

2 comments:

  1. vow amazing. I have some of my own..the charcoal are my favourite works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sushma.
    So are you into charcoal sketching too? It is a beautiful medium to create shades of grey.

    ReplyDelete