Tuesday 10 October 2017

Pangong lake, Ladakh

"The Earth does not belong to us: we belong to the Earth." Marlee Matlin

That's a meaningful quote which reminds us to take care of the beautiful natural world around us.  

Pangong lake in Ladakh is a stunning lake surrounded by snow capped mountains. I created a small water colour painting of this lake yesterday on Strathmore water colour paper

To get the beautiful shades of blue in the lake I have used Winsor and Newton cotman colours namely cerulean blue and ultramarine blue. For most of my water colour artworks I am presently using a mix of Camlin and Winsor and Newton, Palette.

Water colour painting of Pangong lake in Ladakh, on Strathmore paper

Pangong Lake, Ladakh
Water colour painting on Strathmore paper
Size 5.5" X  8"

My art is deeply influenced by the beauty of the natural world around us and places such as above continue to inspire me to pursue my art journey. Escaping into the world of art is my idea of meditation. It keeps me busy and happy.

If you wish to attend any of my art workshops you can write a mail to me and I shall get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for visiting my blog and please take a moment to leave a comment.

CLICK HERE to browse through my available paintings.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pangong Lake in Ladakh is a breathtaking marvel, with its pristine blue waters nestled amidst towering mountains. The serene landscape captivates the soul, creating an unforgettable experience. Nature's masterpiece! Please read this blog for information Jammu Kashmir Tour Package

    ReplyDelete