Friday 11 November 2016

Reaching the shore - A soft pastel painting of a seascape.


I just completed another of my seashore paintings from Bamboo island, Thailand, using the soft pastel medium. Every painting that I create speaks to me of the moments spent there. Each painting is in fact like bringing to life some beautiful memories of the past. Posting below a few beautiful lines that I came across recently on the net but cannot remember the source.

"The sand may brush off
The salt may wash clean
The tans may fade
But the memories will last forever." 

I titled this painting "Reaching the shore" with reference to the waves that travel a long distance and then finally reach the destination gently washing ashore after a long long journey.

soft pastel painting of a seashore at Bamboo island ( Thailand ) by Manju Panchal

Reaching the shore
Soft pastel painting on Canson Mi Teintes paper
Size 5.25" X 7.25" 

I recently came across some beautiful photographs taken by nature and wildlife photographer, Sudhir Shivaram. It is interesting to read the articles written by him and it is a pleasure to browse through the beautiful photographs. Presently he is Ranthambore and Bandhavgarh Tiger reserve and you can follow his works on his facebook page. 

As mentioned in one of my previous posts I have also started following another great photographer namely Rathika Ramasamy   who has been posting some stunning photographs of birds with their local and scientific names. It helps to know more about the bird and animal species around you and as an artist it helps to connect with nature.

A Quote

"I am seeking, I am striving, I am in it with all my heart." Vincent Van Gogh

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm new to your blog however I really loved your painting along with the idea of putting such an inspirational quotes...I'm a true admirer of art & craft...please keep it up and post more & more of your creations!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kuhu, I am so glad to read such kind words from you. I love painting and quotes inspire me a lot. It kind of says exactly what I feel. Therefore i started including them in my posts so that I could share it with other like minded people. Thanks once again for browsing through my works.

    ReplyDelete