Monday 14 December 2015

From Landscape painting to Portrait studies


Of late I have been very busy with my water colour medium as I am trying to get a better understanding of this challenging medium. However when too saturated, I shift my attention to
doing something else for instance Portrait study works.

Given below are some images of randomly done Portrait study works in the last ten days
 or so, on Canson Mi Teintes grey paper using General white pastel pencil 
and Camel soft charcoal pencil. I have tried Faces at different
 angles in order to get a better understanding of the face anatomy. 

Portrait study work on canson paper by Manju Panchal


Portrait study work on canson paper by Manju Panchal


Portrait study work on canson paper by Manju Panchal

All the above portrait works done on 5"X 7"  Canson Mi Teintes paper 

A Quotation that I find very inspiring.

"The only time I feel alive is when I am painting." Vincent Van Gogh


No comments:

Post a Comment