Wednesday 23 November 2016

The sea waves washing ashore - A soft pastel study.

Soft pastel painting


The soft pastel painting as below has been inspired by all the beaches that I have visited in the past. I particularly chose to do this composition in order to have a better understanding of the anatomy of sea waves. When the waves are reach the shore, the transparency is so visible. The foam that forms on the surface of water has a unique wavy pattern and depending on the light source it casts shadows on the sand beneath. It's a great feeling to stand at the beach and watch these waves move back and forth in a constant rhythm.

A soft pastel painting of scene from Bamboo island by Manju Panchal

The waves at the shore
Soft pastel painting on Canson Mi Teintes paper
Size 5"X 7"

For this particular painting I used a very limited set of colours as posted in the image below. The brand that I normally use are Mungyo and Kohinoor Toison Dor. I selected the pastels at the beginning itself and placed it on my temporary palette( An old ceramic plate). Making a choice of colours at the beginning saves a lot of time and confusion as I have a big collection of blues and greens.

Limited soft pastel palette with few colours required to create a painting

Limited soft pastel palette
 as used for the above painting.

Art quotes inspire and motivate me continue painting.
Posting a beautiful quote- 

"I would rather die of passion than of boredom." Vincent Van Gogh

3 comments:

  1. Hey manju... It's parag thakur... U r an amazing artist!! I liked all ur artworks.. Nd m just a beginner nd I would love to draw like u.. I usually draw anime!! So don't know much about realistic painting... Bt I would love to learn these many different parts of art!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey manju... It's parag thakur... U r an amazing artist!! I liked all ur artworks.. Nd m just a beginner nd I would love to draw like u.. I usually draw anime!! So don't know much about realistic painting... Bt I would love to learn these many different parts of art!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My business is competent to provide you with the marked In this posting fully grasp the obvious way to process the item properly. Fully grasp together with crank out whatever effective. KAWS BLACKOUT Painting for sale

    ReplyDelete