Monday 15 September 2014

Back to soft pastels

After a few water colours, I am back to my soft pastels and my all time favourite series of "Painitng Trees". It all started as a study work so as to enhance my knowledge about tree anatomy but of late I have realised that it has become a passion. I am loving it. In fact where ever I go my eyes are unconsciously hunting for some great looking tree with beautiful, different structure, textured barks, long spread out branches. I do not miss out the opportunity of taking a photograph, which later gets edited using my Apps on Computer.

The tree as painted below is from a reference photograph which I took in one of the less-traffic lanes and is lined up with beautiful trees. 

soft pastel painting of a tree trunk by Manju Panchal

Tree Trunk
Soft pastel painting on Fabriano Tiziano

Having done a couple of soft pastel paintings on the Fabriano tiziano paper it is now quite evident that it has great quality. Hence apart from using Canson Mi tentes paper, I would love add this to my collection. I have already ordered my set of FABRIANO TIZIANO ( black ) pad from FLIPKART which shall be arriving soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment