For long I had been thinking about doing a few charcoal sketches on RED coloured paper. Finally did it yesterday. The best thing about sketching is
- You do not require too many tools
- You can do it in a small space and you do not require a studio set up
- It gets done in a short period of time
- It increases your observational skills
- Drawing subjects are easily available at home.
For the charcoal sketches of still life subjects below I have used RED coloured FABRIANO Elle Erre- paper. The red colour of the paper acts as the middle tone. To get lighter tones I have used GENERAL's soft white pastel pencil and for the dark tones I have used CONTE charcoal pencil.
Charcoal sketches of a Pomengranate and Capsicum
on red coloured Fabriano paper.