Sunday 31 August 2014

Charcoal and white pastel sketch of a tree by Manju Panchal

Adding another charcoal and white pastel sketch to my "TREE" series that I started some time back in order to get a better understanding of tree anatomy. This particular sketch is from a reference photograph which I took while we were holidaying recently in LANGKAWI island. ( Malaysia ). 

We were in the crocodile park and while my other family members were keen on having a look at the various crocodiles, I was more interested in photographing all the beautiful trees around with their lovely artistic textures on their trunks. Lankawi is popular for its beautiful beaches and I have photgraphed every beach on the island. Will be creating seascapes referring to all of them soon.

The sketch below is done on an ordinary grey paper and I am also posting an image of the tools used for the same. For this particular work a new addition to tools is "COMPRESSED CHARCOAL" from GENERAL.

Charcoal and white soft pastel pencil sketch of a tree by Manju Panchal

In shadow
Charcoal and white pastel sketch done on grey paper

The tools used for creating the above sketch are as shown in the image below

Tools used for creating a charcoal and white pastel pencil sketch by Manju Panchal

A.  Compressed charcoal from GENERAL
B. Conte A Paris Charcoal pencil
C. White soft pastel pencil from GENERAL
D. Kneaded eraser

The grey paper is not a branded paper. It is a very reasonable paper costing around 15 to 20 Rs a sheet. Sometimes it so happens that when I go to the art stationery shop I come across some rough textured paper which I feel is worth giving a try for my charcoal sketch. On one such occasion, I picked up this sheet and in the long run I have realised that it works perfectly for my charcoal and white pencil sketches. In my earlier posts you can see the metallic objects done on the same paper.

1 comment:

  1. This article is extremely useful and intersting,Thanks for sharing such an instructive article with us.
    keep updating....
    Machu Picchu Tour Packages

    ReplyDelete