Sunday 28 August 2022

Seascape - A water color Painting on Chitrapat handmade paper

 “Translucence is an effect unique to the medium of watercolor and the lure that beckons me into the studio for yet another creative adventure.” Michele Cooper

Using Chitrapat handmade paper has always been a delight. I have written a lot already about the advantages of using this paper in my previous posts and I personally use this paper a lot. Apart from this paper I also like using Arches cold pressed paper and Fabriano Acquarello paper. 

For the painting below I have used very few colors, namely raw sienna, burnt sienna, orange and ultramarine blue. Using wet on wet wash technique, I initially painted the sky, the ocean and the sandy beach. Then I let the paper dry. Later I used ultramarine blue and burnt sienna to create the rocky structures in the distance, followed by the ocean and the beach. I also added few sailboats in the distance, using a very dilute wash of ultramarine blue and burnt sienna. The reflections of the rocks were added pretty much in the end. Can you also spot the birds flying in the sky? It was fun painting this seascape which has an overall warm tone and I forgot to mention that I have used Winsor and Newton Cotman paints and Camlin Artist watercolor tubes for this work. 

Watercolor painting of seashore on Chitrapat handmade paper

Evening Glow
A water colour painting on Chitrapat handmade paper 
Size 5” X 7”

In most of my posts, I have given a brief description about the paper and paints used by me. However I failed to write about the brushes I use in order to create them. In one of my upcoming posts, I shall try and give a detailed description about the different brushes used by me.

Follow my latest works and techniques on INSTAGRAM and if you love my works and they inspire you, share them with your friends. Thanks for browsing through my blog and being a part of my art journey 🙏

No comments:

Post a Comment