Wednesday 1 June 2016

5" X 6.5" Small value study of a landscape, using white pastel pencil.


After having created a landscape with snow mountains, ( As in my last post ), I got interested
in doing another one. However this time I decided to use a small piece of Strathmore 400 series.

The white pastel pencils I used are from General, Conte and Cretacolour. The black colour of
the paper acts as the darkest value in this landscape sketch.Towards the end I have used a little of
white soft pastel chalk from Kohinoor to create the brightest bright of values.


Small value study work
Size 5" X 6.5"
White pastel pencil on Strathmore 400 series ( Black paper )

" I sometimes think there is nothing so delightful as drawing."  Vincent Van Gogh

I truly enjoy drawing and sketching. Be it charcoal on white paper or pastel pencils on toned
paper, it gives me immense satisfaction. Until some years back I was mostly creating charcoal
and pencil sketches on white paper. It's only recently that I have started exploring the other
options like working on coloured papers ( Mainly Canson Mi Teintes ).

I have also started another art work ie a Forest scene on beige coloured Canson 
paper, using only charcoal pencil and white pastel pencil. The work is in progress and I will be posting it as soon as it completes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment