Wednesday 8 April 2015

Completed another soft pastel painting of a Landscape as seen in Coorg

Finally completed this Coorg Landscape painting, which was incomplete since last month. ie I had just blocked in the major values and sprayed it with a fixative ( Winsor and newton ). Later because of my busy schedule of last exhibition I could not pay much attention to it.

It took me a little longer than usual to complete this work as I feel that when a painting is done in one go then it gets done faster( As you are totally immersed in the study of the work and are mentally prepared with all the ideas of the techniques etc ) . But if there is a break, then somewhere the rhythm, the momentum is lost and then I have to restart with a lot of self motivation.

This particular scene as in Coorg ( Karnataka ) appealed to me a lot and I wanted to take care to put in my best. I paid attention to aerial perspective or rather I call it " Colour perspective" where in things far away or in the background have hints of blue and violet in it. Every landscape that I choose is a much thought over deliberate decision because it has something new and different, and when I try doing it I know for sure that I will learn a few important lessons.

Original soft pastel painting of a Coorg Landscape by Manju Panchal

Walk in the woods
Soft pastel painting on Fabriano Tiziano paper
Size 11" x 15"

I have used couple of Camel soft pastel chalks on this art work. I found them pretty good. They are soft and quite like MUNGYO in many ways.

Next I am working on a Langkawi- rocks and reflection, painting which should be completing soon.
If you have any queries with respect to PURCHASING my available paintings you can write to me at manjupanchal@hotmail.com or call me at 0091-22-9820683983 ( Mumbai, India )

My paintings can also be viewed on my facebook page

For most of my soft pastel paintings I normally use a fixative and after having used several brands my personal favourite is Winsor and Newton. I have never had any issue handling it and it falls sprays very uniformly on the paper without breaking into droplets.

winsor and newton fixative for charcoals and soft pastels


No comments:

Post a Comment