Sunday 19 April 2015

Trying out a different coloured Canson Mi Teintes paper

Of late I have been creating soft pastel paintings on either black or other dark coloured paper.This time I decided to try out beige coloured Canson Mi Tentes paper. This is a scene from Mahableshwar, a hill station close to Mumbai and Pune. The lush greenery, the winding roads, and the beautiful view around is mesmerising.

Original soft pastel landscape painting by Manju Panchal

Light at the distance
Soft pastel painting on Canson paper
Size 8" x 12"

I have used a white pastel pencil for signature on bottom left of the painting. Last week I picked up few soft pastel KOH-I-NOOR pencils from ART LOUNGE as it was running its annual sale. Sometimes I need to create thin branches in my landscape and I will see if pencils can be of use.

KOHINOOR soft pastel pencils

KOHINOOR soft pastel pencils

To know more about KOHINOOR art products you can visit their site
www.koh-i-noor.cz 

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    You left a comment on my blog post - http://traveljaunts.blogspot.in/2010/08/day-10-kaza-to-kunzum-pass-lahaul.html
    I do not mind you using my pics for your fine art. Do give credit to me if someone asks about the original snaps that is all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vidya,
      Thanks a lot for the reply. I would love to use your photographs some day and whenever I do that I will definitely mention your name as the photographer. You have captured the beauty of Spiti valley so well.

      Delete