Thursday 8 December 2016

Demo works in charcoal and white pastel pencil

Demo works created during ART WORKSHOP

During my last workshop which was held on 3rd and 4th of December, I did a few demo's using charcoal and white pastel pencil. I am posting the images of two of them. Normally I try to cover as many subjects as possible including still life, seashore , landscape etc.

On the first day of the workshop the participants get accustomed to the tools required for the artwork and the different techniques to use them. It is more of a warm up session.  After getting used to the tools they go ahead and create two different small works and I guide them as they proceed step by step to complete their painting.

On the second day of the workshop the participants decide on their choice of subject and then proceed to do the same after creating a "Thumbnail sketch" or "Study work". I insist on getting used to doing study sketches as it helps in the initial stages to get the right design and composition. Rest everything falls in place.

Demo work done during charcoal workshop by Manju Panchal

A tree trunk with exposed roots
Demo work on grey hand made paper
Size 4" X 5"

Demo work of Abbey Falls created during charcoal workshop by Manju Panchal

Abbey waterfalls ( Karnataka )
Demo work on grey hand made paper
Size 4" X 5"

For the demo work I have used a grey hand made paper which I picked up from an art stationery shop. It has rough texture on both its sides and serves well for initial drawing purpose. When I am in town in Fort area I always make it a point to pick up a few hand made papers in different colours. Some of them turn out pretty good for drawing and sketching. 

I have made a collage of the works made by two participants and you can find them on my ART WORKSHOP page.

Ending this post with a beautiful quote by Salvador Dali

"Drawing is the honesty of art. There is no possibility of cheating. It is either good or bad."

2 comments:

  1. You are good at it! Pleasure seeing your work...hopefully, my LA pic too would find a place here ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the consent and I am glad to know that you like my works.
    So one of these days, I would love to try out the night scene as photographed by you and when I do that I will definitely mention your name as reference. Thanks once again.

    ReplyDelete