Sunday 25 October 2015

Rocks under the water - A charcoal sketching

This is my fourth charcoal sketching of "Rocks under the water". When I did my "First one", it was out of curiosity. Later I did two more as I enjoyed the whole process. The transparent quality of water and to be able to see simple objects like rocks underneath is an amazing experience.

I started this work last week and progressed on it little by little as the rocks underneath in the foreground were placed at different levels and the depth had to be created by adding right amount of values. In all it was a great learning experience.

Nature has always been there around us in its beautiful forms but somewhere down the line we got so busy with our lives and now "Through my art" its like I am rediscovering it.



The rocks below
Charcoal sketching on Strathmore drawing paper.
Size 5" X 7"

Quotation

"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order."
By John Burroughs


No comments:

Post a Comment