Thursday 22 October 2015

A forest scene - Charcoal sketching

The charcoal sketching below is the muddy pathway of Matheran hill station. I have also created a soft pastel painting of the same scene earlier and posted it recently. 

Matheran is situated on the western ghats and is an eco-sensitive region. It is Asia's only automobile free hill station. The walk around the area with trees lining the path is an absolute pleasure. It is quiet and peaceful and provides a lot of oppurtunities to both artists and photographers as the views from any point are equally amazing.  

Nature truly inspires me. 

Charcoal sketching of a forest scene from Matheran by Manju Panchal

A walk in the shade.
Charcoal sketching on Strathmore drawing paper
Size 6.5" X 8.5"

I have recently joined Indiblogger and am posting some of my works there. It is one of the largest and most active blogging community. Through Indiblogger I am getting to know about people who blog on all different topics like poetry, nature, enviorment etc. When I am not painting and sketching, I spend time reading other interesting blogs which inspires me further to continue blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment