Saturday 7 June 2014

Water colour paintings with a touch of soft pastels by Manju Panchal

Water colour paintings - A little experiment


It is not always that a painting turns out as desired. Many a times things go wrong and it is precisely in these moments when one is forced to think of an alternate solution. During such moments one experiments wtih inovative techniques. If it works, then it works. If it does not, then at least there is this satisfaction that one tried instead of giving up.

Below are two different seascapes in which I was trying out complicated skies using wet on wet technique and things did not go quite the way I wanted. So I kept it aside and later decided to experiment with my soft pastel collection. The soft pastels worked well on the Indian handmade paper as it is a bit rough
and the pastels got fixed on it. My two paintings almost got a second life. Some day I would love to try a mixed media painting using both water colours and soft pastels on it.


water colour paintings with a touch of soft pastels by Manju Panchal

Two Seascapes
Water colour and soft pastels on Indian hand made paper



No comments:

Post a Comment