Wednesday 4 June 2014

Charcoal paiinting of clouds above - by Manju Panchal

Charcoal Painting on Scholar drawing paper


Last week when I was down in my residential complex waiting for a friend to arrive, I looked up at
the sky and the composition of the clouds in the sky looked very appealing. The very dark clouds were
so low and the setting sun was reflecting light on the clouds above.So I clicked a photograph
using my mobile. The photo was not very clear but I wanted to use it as my next subject to create
a charcoal painting on Scholar drawing paper.

I used SCHOLAR drawing paper quite some time back when I was doing my portraits in charcoal. 
When I started the initial drawing and shading it looked simple but as I began the shading and blending
I realised that I had to take care of perspective and all the different layers of shadows. Nevertheless I enjoyed doing it. I used CHUNKY CHARCOAL from CRETACOLOUR and CONTE charcoal pencil. Since it is more of a study work for me I did it on a small sized paper. 

Charcoal painting of clouds in the evening sky by Manju Panchal

The clouds above
Charcoal Painting on Scholar drawing paper
Size 5" X 7" ( excluding the mountboard )


No comments:

Post a Comment