Friday 20 June 2014

Thumbnail sketch of Statue of Liberty in soft pastels and charcoal by Manju Panchal

Statue of Liberty


Flipping through my album I came across my thumbnail sketch of Statue of Liberty which I had done
in soft pastels about ten months back. I quite liked it and hence decided to do one in charcoal too. In
both these sketches I have not really spent time on any kind of detail. I just wanted to get the feel of it.
I wanted to capture the beauty of the magnificent Structure at night.   

I remember the time when I did it earlier, the whole intention was to try out night scenes and hence
randomly I had selected different cities and landscapes. My album is full of many such thumbnail sketches and I do take out time once in a way to go through them. 

Thumbnail sketch of Statue of Liberty using soft pastels and charcoal by Manju Panchal

Size of each of them is 3.5" X 5"

The upper thumbnail sketch is done on ordinary coloured chart paper using MUNGYO soft pastels
The lower thumbnail sketch is done on TK sheet ( white smooth sheet ) using CONTE  charcoal pencil
and blending tools

No comments:

Post a Comment