Friday 9 October 2020

Golden Gate Bridge, California - A water color painting

   “Color is my day - long obsession, joy and torment.” Claude Monet

Today’s water color painting has been inspired by the “Golden Gate Bridge”a suspension bridge, one of the most internationally recognised symbols of San Francisco, California and the United States of America. This is my second painting of the Bridge and I have used a reference image from “PIXABAY” . I am grateful to all the photographers who have been sharing the photographs with PIXABAY which then makes it available to us for free reference.

I created this artwork on 8th of September and posted it on INSTAGRAMI am more regular at posting in Instagram and I keep promising myself that I shall blog regularly but somehow find it difficult to manage everything together. 

The overall composition of the landscape appealed to me. The Golden Gate Bridge is the focal point in the painting and it’s reflections on the wet shoreline was fun to work with. During my initial watercolor days, I remember spending lot of time in detailing lot of unnecessary things. These days I am careful to concentrate only on the focal point and I avoid overworking on the other elements.

                                   Watercolor painting of Golden Gate Bridge on Chitrapat handmade paper

                                              Golden Gate Bridge, California     5” X 7”

For quite some time now I have been using Winsor and Newton Cotman and Camlin Artists water color tubes for my water color paintings. Each brand has its own merits and I particularly use the Sky and ocean colors from Winsor and Newton. However for working with the greens and other darks I depend on the Camlin. Over a period of time, as I get more deep into my watercoloring my choices may evolve. I will explore the other colors too.

Follow my latest works and techniques on INSTAGRAM and if you love my works and they inspire you, share them with your friends.

Thank you for browsing through my artworks and I appreciate your support in my art journey.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment