Saturday 2 April 2016

Charcoal portrait work on Canson c a grain paper

I am taking a break from my water soluble graphite works. Not because i am not enjoying
doing it, but I feel the need to use a graphite pencil ( water soluble ) for sharp strokes. I
visited ART LOUNGE recently but did not like the one's which they have. So instead, I have
gone ahead and ordered Cretacolour 8B set of 6 pencils from Amazon.in. There are other
pencils from other brand too but since these are not very expensive and I am on a "TRIAL"stage
I do not mind combining these with my CAMLIN water soluble graphite sticks.

In the meantime, I decided to spend a few hours on an old incomplete work of mine. It is the
portrait of a beautiful young girl from Kutch with her traditional jewellery and a very captivating smile. Years back too I was using Canson c a grain paper, which is acid free and it has a
textured rough surface. I have done a post on the different papers I use for my charcoal
works. CLICK HERE to know more about it.

Charcoal portrait of a young girl from KUTCH, by Manju Panchal

A smile
Charcoal sketching on Canson c a grain paper
Size 7.5" X 10"


I recently visited ART LOUNGE  which is having its annual sale at
this moment. Will write about ART STATIONERY that I picked up from there in my next post.

Thanks for browsing through my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment