Wednesday 13 May 2015

One of my last paintings for my upcoming Art Exhibition

For my upcoming Fourth solo Art Exhibition at Gallerie Leela, I had set a target of certain number of paintings and I have just about completed it.Now it is time to look into the invitation cards and framing of my artworks.

Therefore I can now take a break and indulge in other study works in different mediums which I am longing to do since long. One thing which is definite on my mind is to try out a landscape in my way on canvas using acrylic paints. I have done landscape paintings in acrylic paints earlier but it was mostly the technique of applying thick acrylic coats. What I want to try out now is using Camel acrylic paints in slightly dilute form.

The image below is a scene from Coorg while we were taking a walk. Everyday we would look out for a new path or road and then walk for miles soaking in the beauty of the surroundings.This road had a climb uphill and was densely populated with trees and shrubs on either side. 


original soft pastel painting for art exhibition at Gallerie Leela by Manju Panchal

Walk in the forest.
Soft pastel painting on Fabriano paper
Size 11" x 15"

I made a decision to stop working on this painting after a point of time so as to avoid over usage of colours. I may add a few touch ups just before framing.

No comments:

Post a Comment