Sunday 28 June 2015

Kilim Geoforest - rocks under the water

I had this photograph on my ipad for months and it was in my "TO DO" lists but somehow
this work never got started until last week. After having done the charcoal sketching of
rocks under the water from my Lonavala photograph I finally decided to get started with
this one too.

This close up photograph was taken while we were at the beautiful beach at Kilim Geoforest in Langkawi, Malaysia.The ripples and reflections were a challenge and I am still not very
satisfied but while doing and redoing to get the final result I learnt a lot. One rock on the upper
left was partly above the water and rest of the rocks were submerged and it was important to
observe the directions of ripples as the water movement took place. Also there was lot of
perspective in the diagram to be taken care of. I did this charcoal sketching over a period
of six days and went slow and held my patience.


original charcoal sketching of rocks under the water by Manju Panchal

The submerged rocks
Charcoal sketching on Fabriano paper
Size 5.5" x 7"

Apart from paintings and sketchings I also take out time to design Nameplates for the wall.
You can view my innovative ethnic nameplates on my other BLOG.


No comments:

Post a Comment