Sunday 19 July 2015

Pastel painting of a seascape on Canson Mi Teintes paper

After having concluded with my two days soft pastel workshop my soft pastels are still lying around on the table, which is my workplace, therefore I decided to do a few more soft pastel artworks before putting it all away. 

Inspired by the white sandy beaches of Florida, created this seascape from a reference photograph. I have avoided getting into too many details in this painting as I just wanted to focus on the shoreline and the multiple shades of colour reflected in the water.  

Soft pastel painting of a seascape by Manju Panchal

White sandy beach
Soft Pastel painting on Canson Mi Teintes paper
Size 6" x 8"

As a school kid, I spent some years in Goa and there was this beautiful isolated beach about two kilometers away from our residential area. During the weekends we would walk the distance, climb down the rocky hills and spend hours close to the sea, listening to the sound of the waves breaking at the shore.The "Hansa Beach" as the locals called it was clean and had great number of coconut trees, so the place was shaded too. Such memories come live when I get into painting "Seascapes".

No comments:

Post a Comment