Sunday 22 February 2015

Soft Pastel painting of a COORG landscape

This soft pastel painting is created from my photograph which was taken at COORG while we were taking a walk on the five acre coffee plantation. The tree trunk which had fallen down, allowed the light to create beautiful shadow underneath. The dried leaves fallen on the floor, the hilly terrain and other elements, it all added to the beauty of the scene. 

I used black coloured Fabriano Tiziano paper for this particular painitng and my usual set of soft pastels. The paper has great tooth and I enjoy doing my pastels on it. I ordered my Fabriano pad with 12" X 16" sheets from FLIPKART a few months ago. 

Soft pastel painting of Coorg Landscape by Manju Panchal

The fallen trunk
Size 8" X 12"
Soft Pastel painting on Fabriano Tiziano paper

Nature inspires me. The colour harmony, the perfection, the beauty in simple forms be it trees, river or mountains, it gives lot of joy. Through my art I am trying to capture the memories on paper. Each photograph, each painting tells a story. Looking at the paintings I relive the happy moments.

All images on this blog are © Manju Panchal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment