Wednesday 28 January 2015

Plein air painting - a new beginning

"En Plein Air" is a French expression which means "in the open air". 

Charcoal painting of a tree as seen at Kharghar Central Park during a morning walk. Part sketching done in the open air and details completed at home using the reference photograph. 

I have used Fabriano Academia paper to create this sketch. 

Charcoal sketching of tree at Kharghar Central park by Manju Panchal

A morning at the Park
Charcoal sketching on Fabriano paper
Size 5" X 7"

Plein air sketching using charcoal medium was fairly a good and comfortable experience as I had to carry just my Charcoal tool box and a Fabriano sketch book. But if I have to do the same with my Pastel set to create a landscape, I will need to organise myself a bit. A limited palette in pastels to begin with do just fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment