Wednesday 28 January 2015

Niagara Falls, in charcoal medium

“Drawing is like making an expressive gesture, with the advantage of permanence.” Henri Matisse

I finally completed my charcoal painting of Niagara Falls which has taken a long number of hours. It is sized 16" X 16" and is done on FAVINI paper. I framed it with black mountboard around it and a 1.5" thickness black frame made of fibreboard. When I started this particular work I was using Camel and KOH-I-NOOR charcoal pencil. Later in the final layers I have used Conte A Paris and General charcoal pencil too. I did not use any fixative as I did not feel the requirement. The painting is framed under the glass for protection and long durability.


Charcoal drawing of Niagara Falls by Manju Panchal

Niagara Fall
Charcoal painting on FAVINI paper
Size 20" X 20" ( Including the frame )

Framed Charcoal painting of Niagara Falls by Manju Panchal

Framed painting of Niagara Falls

For any inquiry related to my paintings you can write to me at manjupanchal@hotmail.com

If you wish to see some of my latest artworks you can visit my Instagram site wherein I post my works more regularly. Thank you for browsing through my blog. 🙏

No comments:

Post a Comment