Tuesday 29 September 2015

Submerged rocks - a charcoal sketching

The charcoal sketching done as below has been done by referring to a beautiful photograph sent by a friend who visited Manori beach recently. The water gently hitting the rocks at the shore and the transparency allowing the rocks underneath to be visible made for a good composition. Since the view of the rocks is from above, there is a lot of perspective involved in the initial drawing. It was a good learning experience.

Presently I am using my Strathmore sketch pad for my charcoal drawings . Getting used to a new paper.

 
Rocks under the water
Charcoal sketching on Strathmore paper
Size 4.5" X 4.5"
 
For the above work I have mainly used my Camel soft charcoal pencil. It works well on this paper. 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment