Friday 15 May 2015

Skogafoss waterfall ( Iceland ) - A charcoal drawing

This particular painting of waterfall in charcoal medium was done by me quite some time back but I had framed it behind the glass leaving no space in between. At that moment of time I was unaware about the right framing technique. But now I know that it is best to keep space between the painting and glass. Therefore I opened up the frame, managed to take a close up photograph and now I will be framing it with off white mountboard around it. 

It is a lot of hard work to reframe a painting but framing a painting the right way enhances its look manifold.Moreover for the durability of the art work ( to avoid fungus and deterioration over a period of time ) one has to follow the right technique. As I paint and sketch everyday, I get to learn lessons. About framing, about the right composition in a painting and about so many other aspects with respect to art. 

charcoal painting of a waterfall by Manju Panchal

The waterfall
Charcoal painting on Canson paper
Size 11" x 18"

Thanks a lot for browsing through my artworks and do visit my Instagram page where I have recently started uploading my works.

No comments:

Post a Comment