Saturday 2 May 2015

The snow peaked mountains as seen from Kalpa ( Himachal Pradesh )

At an elevation of 2960 mts above sea level, Kalpa is a beautiful town in the Kinnaur district of Himachal Pradesh. This town is located at the base of Kinnaur Kailash snow capped ranges.
The spectacular view of the cold desert mountains from Kalpa is absolutely amazing.

I have made an attempt to make a soft pastel painting referring to one such scene from Kalpa that was visible from our Hotel. The photograph that I used was pretty washed out version, but since I was there and I have seen it all, I added the colours keeping in mind the values and the aerial perspective.


View from Kalpa
Soft pastel painting on canson paper
Size 6" x 9"

I photographed the painting along with the mat board. Now it needs a glass on the top before framing it using a fibreboard frame.

1 comment:

  1. Superb paintings skill, something to love and be proud of. Especially your all painting Work is wonderful. The painting tells a story about the subjects, teaching us about the real essence of the artist's mind. I always enjoy reading your emails, They contain such good, useful information.
    Apart from hanging some of my own art, I’ve been collecting art for years. But I’ve purchased and hung some heavy and large piece of collections. My recent purchase was “Oil Painting on Canvas”. I bought it from IndianArtZone and it is Very Beautiful and fits perfectly for my Living Room. They sell only original paintings and artist verified authenticity. I am very satisfied and appreciate their prompt shipping as promised. Keep posting, Manju Panchal!! Good Luck.


    ReplyDelete