Friday 28 February 2014

My sketching kit ( While travelling )

I carry the following, while I am travelling or out of the house, ie my small travel kit for sketching.
If there is an oppurtunity then I get to do a few sketches. It easily fits into my handbag.


Few cut out coloured papers ( inexpensive ), and white papers.
Most of them are of size 3.5" X 4.5"
I love doing thumbnail sketches on these.


My sketching box which contains charcoal pencil, eraser, kneaded eraser,
paper blender, cloth blender, white pastel pencil, white pastel chalk.
compressed charcoal, willow charcoal and ear buds.



I place the papers on top of the sketching box and then use a rubberband  to keep it together. 
I also take a small sketchbook and a butter paper cause the sketching once 
completed needs to be protected with a butterpaper placed on top
so that it does not get smudged.

I carry this kit with me most of the times when I am out for a few days and it is a very
satisfying experience. There are always situations when as an artist you feel the need
to sketch something for later use.




No comments:

Post a Comment