Monday 2 November 2015

Portrait study - Face at an angle

Last few days have been busy with lot of different activities. One of the most significant ones being, I visited Jehangir Art Gallery to view the artworks of Artists Pramod Kurlekar and Nilesh Bharati. I had another artist friend to accompany me and it was a great experience as we got to interact with the artists and got to see their works in person. Will write a post about them soon.

In the meantime my "Portrait sketching" passion continues and this time around I sketched a face at an angle using charcoal pencil and white pastel pencil. Sketching a straight face is a lot more easier and less complicated. However sketching faces at different angles helps in understanding the basic anatomy of the face.

Portrait of a woman sketched using charcoal pencil and white pastel pencil, by Manju Panchal.

Portrait study work
Size 5" X 7"

I have been creating a lot more study sketches and will post the images soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment