Saturday 7 November 2015

Portrait of a friend - another study work.

The portrait as done below is of a close friend of mine. I clicked her photograph using the camera on my mobile and later the photograph as a reference. The curly hair was created by scumbling technique and I used the Camel charcoal pencil for the same.

I have a miscellaneous collection of charcoal pencils and will write a post on it soon. Each pencil has its own good use. Some are smooth, others are coarse. For toned paper especially the Canson series, the Camel brand goes well for me.

portrait study done using charcoal pencil and white pastel pencil by Manju Panchal

Portrait of a friend
Charcoal and white pastel work in Canson Mi Teintes paoer
Size 5"X 7"

No matter what medium and what subject I do, I get addicted to doing all of it. Art as a passion can make you create things which are sometimes totally unplanned. Along with doing portraits I am also taking out time to continue with my water colour studies in an attempt to zero in on the paper of my choice and to learn the Wet on Wet water colour technique

During my recent visit to town, I paid a visit to Himalaya Stationery and managed to get handmade paper for just Rs 35 a sheet. Surprisingly the paper has turned out pretty well. The wet on wet technique works pretty good on it. I have created two small works on it and am thinking of buying some more of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment