Thursday 15 October 2015

Mandalpatti hills - painted in water colour medium

Water colour medium is a very challenging medium. Shifting from chalks and pastels to brushes is a different experience altogether. Nevertheless I want to continue with my water colour journey as I know for sure that the more I do the more comfortable I shall get with the brushes and the strokes.

Another very important reason for getting into water colour works is that I love this medium and its transparency. A water colour painting gets done in a short period of time, is not a messy affair and the best part that I love about this medium is that I can easily store these paintings without any tension of its getting smudged. They fit into a small folder or file and is so convenient to handle.

Water colour painting of a landscape from Mandalpatti near Coorg. By Manju Panchal

The road to heaven
Water colour painting on Canson Montwal paper
Size 5.5" X 7.5"

The paper I have used for this particular painting is Canson Montwal, which is a student grade paper but nevertheless quite fine for initial works. I am still checking out diffferent papers on which I can create my water colour paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment