Friday 16 September 2016

One morning at Vaddi beach in Goa - A soft pastel painting

Painting a seascape


Seascape is my all time favorite subject. I have done a series on them. Painting a beach scene has always been a very relaxing experience.

The soft pastel painting below is a scene from Vaddi beach, Benaulim in South Goa. We were at this beach in monsoon last year. It is a beautiful white sandy beach and the wild creeper as seen on the right appealed to me a lot. I have also created this very scene earlier in water colour medium.

Soft pastel painting of a morning scene at Vaddi beach at Goa, By Manju Panchal

One morning at Vaddi beach
Soft pastel painting on Canson Mi Teintes paper
Size 6" X 8"

The pastels that I used for this particular painting can be seen as below. I selected these shades right at the beginning and then added more colours as and when required. 

soft pastel palette for creating a seascape , By Manju Panchal

The different soft pastels used for creating
the painting as above.

A Quote

"Colour is my day-long obsession, joy and torment." Claude Monet

No comments:

Post a Comment