Monday 19 September 2016

Thumbnail sketches in soft pastel medium

Creating thumbnail sketches


"Thumbnail sketch" is my preliminary step towards creating my final artwork. It helps me focus on the composition and design elements. It is small in size, loosely done in a short span of time. 

Given below are two of my recently created thumbnail sketches on black coloured Canson Mi Teintes paper. In due course of time, referring to these sketches, I shall be creating an enlarged version of the same painting but with more details in the foreground. 

Working on small sketches saves me from loads of frustration later. A thumbnail sketch helps me plan out my colours, composition, design elements right at the beginning which proves very beneficial later when I am creating the final artwork. 

Thumbnail sketch of Niagara fall using soft pastels by Manju Panchal

Thumbnail sketch of Emerald green waters of Phi Phi island by Manju Panchal

Thumbnail sketches of 
Niagara Falls
and Emerald green waters of Phi Phi island
Size 3.5" X 4.5"

I have been posting regularly about my "Thumbnail sketches" and to view one of them you can CLICK HERE

A Quote

"Painting is a means of self-enlightenment." John Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment