Monday 11 May 2020

Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco

In the mind of every artist there is a masterpiece.” Kai Greene

Today’s water color painting has been inspired by the “The Golden Gate Bridge”, a suspension bridge, one of the most internationally recognised symbols of San Francisco, California and the United States of America. I have not been to San Francisco but I always wanted to paint this Bridge, so I have used a reference image from “PIXABAY” and I am grateful to them for sharing the photographs with everyone for free usage. 

This is my first painting in the “Bridge series” and a change of subject is always a little challenging. However I believe that working on something new helps you learn a lot more new things and it is a an essential step towards evolving as an artist. I have used very few colors to execute this painting and prefer this minimalist approach to avoid complications. The Bridge and it’s reflections has been the focal point in this painting.

A water color painting of Golden Gate Bridge on Chitrapat handmade paper

Golden Gate Bridge 
A water colour painting on Chitrapat handmade paper 
Size 5.5” X 7.5”

I enjoy water color medium as much as pastel medium, and these days I am managing to do both. Often people ask me which medium I like the best. It’s a difficult question to answer because I am passionate about each medium, including charcoal. Every medium has its own highlights and no two mediums can ever be compared. End of the day, the art that gets created, no matter which medium, speaks a universal language and sparks the happiness in you.

For the above artwork I have used Winsor and Newton Cotman and Camlin Artists water color tubes. I enjoy working with both these brands and would recommend it to all water color enthusiasts. 

Follow my latest works and techniques on INSTAGRAM and if you love my works and they inspire you, share them with your friends.

Thank you for browsing through my artworks and I appreciate your support in my art journey.

2 comments:

  1. The representation of this article is actually superb. I think this is a genuinely beneficial and instructive article for everyone. I appreciate this kind of writing. Thankful to you for sharing an article like this.Learn More About "golden gate bridge"

    ReplyDelete