Wednesday 13 July 2016

Sketching a Mountainscape using white pastel pencil

The black Strathmore Artagain 400 series paper is fun to work with. I have not tried the pastel chalks on it, however the white pastel pencil works really fine on its smooth surface. After my last work that I created recently, I was inspired to do another one on the same subject.

Therefore I went ahead with my next creation of yet another of my "Mountainscape" in this series using the white pastel pencils. The source of light in the sketching below is from the right and hence accordingly I had to work out my highlights and shadows. 

White pastel art work on a black paper is a great way of doing a "Value study".


White pastel pencil sketching on black paper by Manju Panchal

The Peak
White pastel pencil sketching on black paper
Size 4.5"X 5.5"

"Painting is just another way of keeping a diary." Pablo Picasso

No comments:

Post a Comment