Friday 9 May 2014

Quick charcoal sketches using Compressed Charcoal

As a fine artist I have been trying out all mediums and many a times it becomes difficult to decide as to which is my favourite one. Last week one of my artist friends was at my place and as usual we got into sketching few objects. I tried quick sketches using just Camel Compressed Charcoal and General's charcoal pencil. I particularly want to get into using the compressed charcoal because I love the absolute dark black tone that one can create with it which helps in creating depth and contrast in the sketching. 

charcoal paintings by manju panchal

Two different still life
sketches done using General's charcoal pencil
Camel Compressed Charcoal

camel compressed charcoal
Image of Camel Compressed Charcoal


No comments:

Post a Comment