Wednesday 27 March 2024

A Ship ( Geared cargo vessel ) at port - A watercolor painting

 “Watercolor and it’s application have become a moving force, directing and enriching my life.” Theresa R Einhorn

In the year 2019, I was at New Mangalore Port with my husband who is a marine officer. Our ship was berthed opposite to the the scene that I am posting today. From the porthole of our cabin, I watched the loading taking place on the geared bulk carrier on the opposite berth. I painted this experience on Chitrapat handmade paper ( one of my favourite papers for Watercolor painting ).*

Since it was a morning scene, I kept the sky a little warm at the horizon using raw sienna colour. For the ocean I used a mix of ultramarine blue and cerulean blue ( Camlin Artist watercolor tubes ). The ship anatomy is pretty complicated and it’s not possible to get all intricate details, however I tried to get in the cranes, the accommodation and the cranes. Painting a personal experience is always such a pleasure.
Apart from Camel, I have also used Winsor and Newton Cotman paints .

Watercolor painting of a cargo ship at New Mangalore Port

Arrived at port
A watercolor painting on Chitrapat handmade paper
Size 7” X 10”

Photo of ship at berth in New Mangalore Port

A cargo vessel at berth.
Photograph taken at
New Mangalore Port

If you want to read more about the reasons I prefer using Chitrapat handmade paper for my Watercolor paintings, CLICK HERE. 

Follow my latest works and techniques on INSTAGRAM and if you love my works and they inspire you, share them with your friends. Thanks for browsing through my blog and being a part of my art journey 🙏

No comments:

Post a Comment