Wednesday 21 January 2015

Soft pastel painting of snow covered mountains

Having created a lot of forest landscapes in soft pastels, I decided to do a small piece of work with mountains as my subject. Therefore I selected a photograph from my HOLIDAY COLLECTION ie The snow covered mountains of Kunzum Pass in Spiti valley of Himachal Pradesh. ( 4551 m above sea level ). We visited Spiti valley in June 2013 and the scenic beauty all along the way was mesmerising. 

The Soft pastel painting has been created on Canson Mi Tentes paper using Mungyo and Koh-I-Noor soft pastels.


Soft pastel painting of Kunzum Pass in Spiti valley ( Himachal Pradesh ). By Manju Panchal

Kunzum Pass
Soft pastel painting on Canson paper
Size 5" X 7"

My paintings can also be seen on my facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment