Saturday 13 September 2014

Peepal tree done in soft pastels

The image below is a soft pastel painting of PEEPAL tree OR scientific name Ficus religiosa. This painting is done from a reference photo which I took at CHURCHGATE, where I had gone some time back for my art shopping ie at ART LOUNGE. A look at it and I felt the need to use it as my next subject in the TREE series. Being in the heart of the city the background of the tree was teeming with cars and people but I wanted to focus on JUST THE TREE. Hence freely and boldly I went ahead and coloured it my way.

I have used a BEIGE coloured Canson Mi tentes paper for creating this painting. I initially wanted to avoid painting the bunch of leaves sprouting from the trunk but later decided to include it as it cast good shadow underneath and it was fun doing this work.

soft pastel painting of a Peepal tree by Manju Panchal

The Sacred One
Soft Pastel Painting on Canson Mi Tentes paper

Ficus religiosa or sacred fig is a species of fig native to NepalIndiaBangladeshMyanmarPakistanSri Lanka, south-west China andIndochina. It belongs to the Moraceae, the fig or mulberry family. It is also known as the Bo-Tree (from the Sanskrit Bodhi: "wisdom", "enlightened", and as a Sinhalization of this the Sinhala Bo
COURTESY : WIKIPEDIA

No comments:

Post a Comment