Tuesday 26 January 2016

On the way to Ladakh - a water colour painting


"Choose only one master - Nature" - Rembrandt

Leh Ladakh is beautiful. The landscape is stunning and the snow capped mountains
offer a breathtaking view. Nature has been one of the most inspiring factors in my paintings.

Ladakh is at the top of my list in "MUST VISIT" places. I have a few photographs which
have been given to me by a close friend Preeti Jhaveri. After having done a few study works
as seen in my last post, I decided to create a 4" X 5" water colour painting on Canson Vidalon paper

In fact one of the reasons for selecting this subject is to submit my work in the weekly
challenge of Daily Paint Works. This has been one of my most important "RESOLUTIONS"
of this year and I am glad that I finally am getting into something that I always wanted to.

For most of my study works I only depend on my Camel water colour tubes but for this
particular painting I decided to use my Winsor and Newton Cotman water colour tubes
which have been with me since may be last fifteen years or so. I am trying to use them up as
some of the colours are drying up.

water colour painting of a scene from leh Ladakh by Manju Panchal

On the way to Ladakh
Water colour painting on Canson Vidalon paper ( 425 gsm )
Size 4"X 5"

Next I am planning to use Arches cold pressed water colour paper which is one of
the most popular choices by many artists of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment