Monday, 8 August 2016

Portrait study on a toned paper

Portrait study in Charcoal and white pastel pencil.


"How learning to draw has taught me to live." By Brent Eviston 

"Images are the native language of the imagination. This is why most people don't dream in text. making images is not only an art, but a visual form of communication that is as rich and as complex as written language. Read more........ ( Courtesy: Artists Network. )

I enjoyed reading the above article in Artists Network and felt a connection. Drawing and sketching has taught me to live a happy life. End of the day I have created something on a piece of paper and it makes me feel good about myself.

For quite some days now I have been busy with the charcoal medium. Therefore I decided to complete one of my incomplete "Portrait study works". I have used the charcoal and the white pastel pencil to get all the tonal values as seen in the face. Through this portrait sketch I have attempted to capture the human emotions and expression. She is the face of a beautiful woman from kutch ( Gujarat ), who looks ahead in silence. 

A portrait sketching of a woman from Kutch using charcoal pencil and white pastel pencil on grey hand made paper. By Manju Panchal

The silent look
White pastel pencil and charcoal pencil sketch on grey handmade paper
Size 5" X 7"

An interesting quote.

"A man paints with his brains and not with his hands." Michelangelo

No comments:

Post a Comment