Friday, 16 May 2014

Still Life sketches by Manju Panchal

Thumbnail sketches at tea time - Using white pastel chalk and white cretacolour pastel pencil


Presently I am busy doing a fairly big charcoal painting of NIAGARA WATERFALLS. It is a very time consuming process and when I get saturated I try not to work further on it and instead take a break. ( Will be posting the image soon ).Therefore at my tea time I decided to do a few quick sketches of three different still life objects namely a mango, a potato and a beetroot. 

For all three sketches I used a black ordinary paper ,Mungyo soft pastel white chalk and Cretacolour white pastel pencil. Roughly I spent about ten to fifteen minutes on each of them. It was a fun filled exercise. 

What I personally like about these small sketches is that I do not have to worry about every little minute detail and it finishes quickly and the end result is so gratifying. It instantly gives you a sense of achievement.   

still life, thumbnail sketches in white chalk and pencil by manju panchal


No comments:

Post a Comment